Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Michelle: "We're Trying" For More

In a recent interview with Jenny Schafer from Celebrity Baby Scoop, Michelle Duggar talks about marriage, babies, and what she considers to be the greatest misconception about the Duggar family. Here are the highlights: 

CBS: Tell us about the upcoming episode of 19 Kids and Counting: Anniversaries to Remember. What can fans expect to see?
Michelle: “My favorite part about filming the episode was how much Jim Bob surprised me and how he was able to keep the anniversary surprises secret. He did such a neat job in bringing together the past, the present, and then the future of our relationship."

CBS: Congratulations on our upcoming 29th wedding anniversary. If you could share your top three tips for a successful marriage, what would they be?
 
Michelle: “Pray together, be very quick to admit when you’ve made a mistake, and ask for forgiveness, because when you live with someone day in and day out, there’s always going to be those misunderstandings that come up. Communication is vital, and it’s important to take time every day to talk."

CBS: Are you hoping to become pregnant with a 20th child? Or maybe you have a special announcement to share with us?
Michelle: “I would hope, but we are not expecting right now. We’re trying at this point and we shall see if that is a possibility. If not, we are so thankful and grateful for the ones that God has given us so far. We are also definitely enjoying our grandbabies! They are so precious!”

CBS: Do you ever feel like your multiple pregnancies have worn-down your body? Additionally, do you ever feel like they have taken a toll on your mind and spirit?
Michelle: “I feel great. I think that exercising and eating right definitely makes a difference. In all my pregnancies, I rejoiced even when the morning sickness came, because I knew it was a good sign and a good reason to be sick. I think my mind, my spirit, and all of that has been just great. I am so grateful and I don’t even know how else to explain it. I am so thankful for the children that we have. They are all such a joy!”

CBS: Do you ever make “me” time a priority? Do you see value in taking some alone time? Or do you believe all your time and attention should go toward your husband and children?
Michelle: “I enjoy reading books and my Bible and having my quiet time before going to sleep at night. The scripture says that the evening and the morning were the first day, so I tell my children that their day begins the night before. I always encourage them to make lists and plan their next day before they go to bed at night, so that they can go to sleep in peace and know that their day is scheduled and they are ahead. Even in the mornings when I get up, I’ll oftentimes jump on my elliptical machine and exercise while listening to great preaching messages on OnePlace.com, which is a free app that I love using every day. I am not the kind of person that needs to have alone time…too much of that will really drive me nuts."

CBS: What do you think is the biggest misconception about you? What is the biggest misconception about your family?
Michelle: “...People were saying, ‘Oh, that’s way too many kids and I can’t imagine that many children in one family!’ Love really, truly multiplies…it doesn’t divide. It’s a joy, because there are that many more people and that much more love in the house!”

CBS: What do you say to the critics who think you should stop getting pregnant? What are your thoughts on the planet’s overpopulation crisis? Do you feel you are contributing to that? Why or why not?
Michelle: “We have studied it, and I believe that there is a misconception about overpopulation. I think that the whole mindset of overpopulation is really overrated. It’s a different perspective and that’s where people have their different ideas, and that’s okay. That’s what makes the world go around; there are many different ideas and different perspectives about certain topics.”

Read the full interview at CelebrityBabyScoop.com


Michelle: "We're Trying" For MoreMichelle: "We're Trying" For More

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Duggar Family Blog - All Right Reserved.Powered By Blogger
Template SEO Fendly by Duggar Template Edit by : Duggar Family Blog