Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Recap: Cousin Amy in Nashville

Tonight on 19 Kids and Counting, "A Big Announcement" & "A Duggar Leaves Home"...

  • Amy Duggar is the oldest of the Duggar grandkids. She is an only child but has always had a close relationship with her cousins.
  • She was my favorite until Josh came along," jokes Grandma Duggar. "No really, Amy is one of my favorites."
  • "I think we helped Amy to not be so lonely," says Jana. "We love Amy. We would take her as our own sibling." 
  •  "Amy is the perfect combination of spunk and entertainment," says Jill.
  • Everyone agrees that Amy was a spirited child. "I didn't really get into too much trouble, but I definitely always bent the rules," says Amy. 
  •  Amy says her parents had some "ups and downs" in their relationship and lived separately until they got married when she was 19. Growing up, there was a lot of tension between her mom and dad, and while she often felt caught in the middle, Amy says it made her a stronger person.
  • The Duggars recap some of their most memorable "Amy moments," including skydiving, driving a stick shift with Jim Bob and Jinger, going to the reptile museum with the little ones, and riding pigs in Ireland.
  • Amy comes over to the Duggar home to make a big announcement...she's going to Nashville! "I want to pursue my musical dream," says Amy. "Country music, here I come!" 
  •  "I want my family's approval," she says. "I want to make my family know that they're important to me. I want their support."
  • Amy's family is excited for her. Jim Bob encourages his niece to follow the Lord and reminds her that there are a lot of little girls, including his own, who look up to her and are watching what she does. He and the rest of the family pray over Amy and then bid her farewell.   
  • Before heading to Nashville, Amy worked as a nanny for 30 different families in the area.
  • Grandma Duggar and Amy's mom are accompanying her to Nashville for two weeks to support her while she attempts to launch her music career.
  • "I don't know what I'm doing, but I like the direction I'm heading," says Amy.
  • On Amy's first day in Music City, she meets with her producer, Jamie Slocum, who gives her a tour of the Grand Olde Opry.
  • A friend accompanies her on guitar while she sings on a street corner in downtown Nashville.
  • "It was awkward," says Amy. "It was really awkward."
  • Her first performance at an open mic night gets off to a rocky start, but the crowd is supportive, and Amy is able to redeem herself.
  • As the show comes to a close, Amy says she is still pursuing her musical dream. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be than Nashville."


Recap: Cousin Amy in Nashville Recap: Cousin Amy in Nashville

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Duggar Family Blog - All Right Reserved.Powered By Blogger
Template SEO Fendly by Duggar Template Edit by : Duggar Family Blog