Friday, September 16, 2011

Michelle Speaks on Teaching Character

Latest parenting tip from Michelle Duggar? "It's never too early to teach your kids about character."

In the Duggar home, the family is constantly working through the 49 terms on their famous "Operational Definitions of Character Qualities" chart.

Which quality does Michelle deem the most crucial for little ones to grasp? Attentiveness: showing the worth of a person by giving undivided attention to his words and emotions.

"It's important that when I call their names I get their eyes and have their attention," explains the mom of 19. "Because if I don't get their eyes I don't have their heart."

That is one of Michelle's most-used aphorisms when sharing her child-rearing tips: "If I don't have their eyes, I don't have their heart."

What it all boils down to is "teaching them to love God," says Michelle.

Do the Duggars practice what they preach? Absolutely! "Even my husband Jim Bob and I are still learning these character qualities," admits the mom of 19. "We're all on a journey through life."

To see what else Michelle has to say about developing character qualities from an early age, click here. 

Are you familiar with the Duggars' Character Qualities chart?


Michelle Speaks on Teaching CharacterMichelle Speaks on Teaching Character

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Duggar Family Blog - All Right Reserved.Powered By Blogger
Template SEO Fendly by Duggar Template Edit by : Duggar Family Blog